Using a natural appetite suppressant will help you to control your cravings, while still allowing you to eat appropriate portions of delicious foods. While some appetite suppressants come in a pill form there are other natural foods and drinks that can help keep that hunger at bay. Never starve yourself in an attempt to lose weight, instead focus on natural ways to make yourself less hungry so that you do not overeat. By using this method you will not be compromising your nutrition or your overall health. Follow a healthy and balanced diet while counting calories and exercising appropriately.
You can try some of the following natural appetite suppressants to get yourself started. If you have a hard time finding any of the herbal supplements go online to see if you can find them. Typically we recommend purchasing some empty 00 capsules and grinding up the herbs into powders to allow for them to be ingested orally without the bad taste.
Below is our list of natural appetite suppressants:
- Water. Everyone knows that water is good for your body. It is also a very simple way to help you to eat less. Drink a glass of water anytime that you feel hungry. This will help you to feel slightly fuller and avoid unnecessary snacks. If you tend to overeat or feel overfull after eating normal meals, then drink a glass of water about a half an hour before each meal. This will reduce your appetite for the next meal so that you do not eat more than you need to, which will help to decrease your total calorie intake. Drinking water will help to fill your stomach and suppress your hunger for a period of time. It is a good idea to drink water before and during meals to aid in reducing your appetite.
- Green tea. One of the most popular natural weight loss aids on the market today is green tea. It is very effective in burning fats and control hunger. It is also a good drink for anyone, including those that do not need to lose weight, because it protects against several diseases thanks to its antioxidant compounds. Green tea. Drinking green tea helps to stimulate the release of hormones that control food cravings. It also assists in burning fat. Green tea is actually the most commonly found ingredient in naturally-based prescriptions.
- Hoodia gordonii. This cactus extract is gaining popularity in the world of natural supplements because of its effectiveness in suppressing appetites. It was even used in ancient times by African tribes for this very reason. Hoodia Gordonii which will send signals that your stomach is full to your brain. It is available in its raw form but can also be found as a pill. The extract is popular and very effective, but it is also important to note that it is rather expensive.
- Green leafy vegetables. Vegetables are low in calories and high in fiber. The fiber will help you to feel full without adding any significant amount of calories to your diet. Dark green vegetables are great ways to control hunger, including spinach, lettuce, bok choy and cabbage.
- Apples. Surprisingly, apples are much like green leafy vegetables. They offer very few calories while being an excellent source of fiber. They are also digested slowly by the body which allows you to feel full for longer. This controls cravings for unhealthy and high calorie snacks.Apples are high in fiber and low in carbohydrates. Many nutritionists claim that eating an unsliced apple will help in suppressing appetite. The reasoning behind this is that it takes longer to chew the apple if it is not sliced, which allows the brain to receive the signal that the stomach is full before overfilling it. Apples with cinnamon and apple cider vinegar are also a great way to treat hunger pangs while adding a little spice to your diet.
- Oatmeal and Flaxseed. These two make up the perfect breakfast. They are great sources of rich fiber, and they are also foods that the body takes a long time to digest. You will feel full for longer after enjoying a breakfast of oatmeal and flaxseed. Flaxseed is also rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids which are great for your overall health. Oatmeal and flax seeds. Fiber and carbohydrates are plentiful in oatmeal and flax seeds. They are a perfect idea for a breakfast that will suppress your appetite until lunchtime and beyond.
- Vegetables. Fresh vegetables like cabbage, spinach and broccoli are very low in calories and high in fiber. Fiber suppresses food cravings by filling you up and it can also be found in high levels in cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, green peas and carrots. Vegetables such as these will help you greatly in your mission to control hunger.
Other Options for Managing Cravings
If water and green tea are not pleasing options to you, then try drinking vegetable juice before and during meals. These are just some of the many natural appetite suppressants that will help you to reduce hunger and lose weight. Foods that are high in fiber, soups, vegetable drinks, dandelions, chickweed, seaweed and psyllium are all great at suppressing appetite as well. Before using any herbs such as dandelion or chickweed for appetite control, make sure that you consult your physician. Excessive use of herbs can have some side effects, but fewer than prescription weight loss aids and other hunger suppressants.
We hope that you not only get to your weight loss goal but also find a way to do it that is sustainable for you. I want to see your comments about success and goals. This is by far the most rewarding part and why I write theses articles! It’s to see the progress that you make. Your success is what I’m shooting for. So lets do this together. Don’t forget to share, twee, and repost this article to your friends and family. Good luck and goodbye to those unwanted pounds!
Drew Littlejohns is an author, triathlete, and mountaineer who is absolutely committed to writing content that is helpful and informative. He is the owner of both violentheropowerlifting.com and vhntrition.com