Your attempt to access some websites and personal emails could be impossible. It is because the computers you use at school or work comes with firewalls.
These prevent users from opening some pieces of information and specific websites controlled by the administrator.
Of all kinds of avoiding techniques, alternative servers seem to be the most usual and easiest way to avoid firewalls. To bypass them, follow the steps below:
- Find out the IP address of your internet connection by simply logging in and looking for the website that searches IP address.
- Look for the IP number of your router by looking at the manual.
- You may also find the IP number of the router by finding the general IP address online.
- Go to the administrator panel of the router by simply typing the IP number of your router on the address bar of the browser.
- Include the user name and your password.
- Find the port forwarding tab intended for your router.
- It could be located below the section “application and gaming”.
- Enter “1085” in the start section then “1090” in the closing section.
- Enter your IP address on its corresponding box then choose the “enable” option.
- Download the free proxy on the computer you use at home.
- There are several options available on the web, so you can select the one that suits all your needs.
- Access the software you choose then proceed to the “port” part. Choose “HTTP proxy” that you can see at the protocol drop box then set the port in the same way with the one you set on the router.
- Enable port authentication so that you can add your username including your password for you to access the new proxy.
- It will configure the software so that you will be the only one who has access to it. Save the changes you made in the settings.
- Click the start option that you can find below the service mode section so that the server will start to run.
- Use your computer to see if the new server will work or not.
- Open the web browser and under the tools section, choose options and proceed to connections.
- Click the LAN settings button and enter your proxy server’s IP address on the browser’s address bar.
- At the port bar, you have to enter similar port number set in the proxy server and router.
- Click ok on your LAN settings and in the internet connection page.
- Your computer will forward the details using the internet connection at home.