Who wouldn’t want to live and work in a place where the woman flock like the salmon of Capistrano? Such good beer is brewed here that they have named their baseball team after the nectar of the gods produced there. And at the end of the day you can lay on the beach with that special someone and watch the sunset on the horizon.
You must be asking, “Is this place even real?”
And yes this place is real. Why would I lead you on a false journey? Falsifying information would be such a terrible act when we are talking about such a sensitive subject.
I am speaking of the great city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and all of the wonderful benefits it has to offer. With two major sports franchises, the Milwaukee Brewers and the Milwaukee Bucks, there is city pride that comes along with being Milwaukeean. Being a coastal city on beautiful Lake Michigan and having many social offerings as well make this one of the best places to live and work in the United States.
Here are some little known facts about this great city.
- It was incorporated by Solomon Juneau in 1846 after neighboring towns were warring against each other and decided it was best to resolve their differences by becoming one city.
- It was named one of the “Dozen Distinctive Destinations” by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. That means your German grandmother who actually came over from Germany probably lived there at some point in time.
- Speaking of the Germans, they loved their beer when they came to Milwaukee so much that they had a ratio of one tavern to every forty residents in the city.
- Milwaukee was the number one beer producing location in the world during the late 1800s. The Germans like to drink.
- Milwaukee is often referred to as the “City of Festivals” for how may festivals are out on during the year at Maier Festival Park along Lake Michigan.
- The population has grown this past year for the first time since 1960. It might just be the perfect time to catch this upswing and purchase a Milwaukee business for sale before the big upswing hits. The most money is made ahead of the curve.
If you have a boat you want to take care of as well, having a lake as big as Lake Michigan but not having to do the maintenance work of an ocean boat is a nice compromise. Lake Michigan even has tides for god’s sake.
Live, Work, Play
Living, working and playing in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin will break your stereotype of the Midwest being three years behind everyone else and them living in a bubble. Not everyone there is a corn farmer and not everyone marries their cousin. The Midwest is full of good people and good times, coming to Milwaukee, Wisconsin is your best bet to see how life in the Midwest really works and can be one of the best places to live and work in the country.