Hypothetically let’s say you receive a job offer that you cannot pass up and you know will further your career but it is in a place you have never even thought of moving to in your entire life. If you are like most Americans, one of these places could turn out to be Cincinnati, Ohio.
If you are not from the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois area then you probably would never think for a second that you would ever move to Cincinnati but the job offer is just too good to pass up.
So you pack up your things, say why not and go for it. Cincinnati could offer you many more opportunities outside of your job than you ever thought possible. Some things about this place might turn out to surprise you.
Here is a list of reasons why moving to Cincinnati can be very beneficial, eye opening and a good time.
- First of all the scenery is not the worst thing in the world. The city lies on the Ohio River which offers panoramic views for miles along its banks.
- If you are looking for homes that you cannot find anywhere else in the country you have come to the right place as well. Cincinnati is home to the largest collection of 19th century Italianate architecture in the country. These homes are concentrated in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood just north of downtown.
- An interesting fact about Cincinnati is that many of the natives that live there are descendants of Revolutionary War soldiers who were granted land there.
- The average year round temperature for Cincinnati is 54 degrees which compared to much of the United States is a fairly comfortable temperature. It is a lot better than being -10 degrees in Boston, Massachusetts in the middle of January.
- If you are planning to stay a while and raise a family, the schools in the greater metropolitan area are very good as well. There is a good mix of both public and private catholic schools for students.
- The hospitals in Cincinnati are world class as well. The polio vaccine was discovered here as well as the first laser surgery to remove cataracts.
- The Cincinnati Zoo is the second oldest zoo in the country and is one of the best to this day. Whatever you have not seen in a zoo yet, they probably have it.
Cincinnati, Ohio probably offers a great deal more than you thought this middle-American city would. It has the history, the charm and even if you want to purchase a business for sale in Cincinnati, I am sure they would even have that too.
Next time you decide whether to take your career path to Ohio, do not overlook this great city. There really is something for everyone. To really make up your mind they have two professional sports teams to entertain with the Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Paddle your boat down the river and make a stop off to Cincinnati. Maybe stay a while.